Basis Theory provides unbounded encryption and tokenization infrastructure. That means the most flexible, performant and distributed approach to providing these services for the entire internet, working with developers and organizations anywhere in the world. Our vision is to use a mathematical approach to data security to create bliss.
We are looking for our first commercial hire, who will work directly with our founders to identify new target markets and customers for our product. Ideally, you have closing experience but, more importantly, you bring a curious and entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment. This means your question asking and discovery process is second to none and that you are capable of independently learning the product and figuring out how to pitch it to help prospects understand its value to their business.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a venture funded startup attacking an enormous market. You'll have a seat at the table as we figure out a distribution strategy and will partner directly with our founders to identify, develop, and execute outbound strategies to bring in high-potential businesses. As we grow, you'll have the opportunity to take on commercial leadership acording to your ambition and execution - the sky's the limit!
- Research and prospect into potential new verticals and accounts
- Attain a thorough understanding of our product
- Develop and lead outbound campaigns through to qualified meetings and close
- Confidently speak with people at all levels in large enterprises
- Develop a regular feedback loop with product leadership to stay informed of the product roadmap
- 2+ years selling infrastructure software or platform solutions
- Proficient in using a CRM to track activity, pipeline and revenue metrics
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical and financial details sound simple.
- A creative problem-solver who is willing to roll up your sleeves and figure things out.
- Organized, detail-oriented with incredible follow through.
- You can take a complex software offering and help customers understand its value to their business.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Takes initiative. Creative. Personable. Self-starter. Productive.
- Experience selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust. Our customers are software engineers, application owners and product managers; you should love talking to them and, most importantly, they should love talking to you.
- Experience working in a small team environment.
- You have sales experience at startups where the "playbook" was still being written. You're enthusiastic to collaborate with Product and Marketing to figure out what works and help future hires to be successful using your formula.
Basis Theory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.