Basis Theory provides unbounded encryption and tokenization infrastructure. That means the most flexible, performant and distributed approach to providing these services for the entire internet, working with developers and organizations anywhere in the world. Our vision is to use a mathematical approach to data security to create bliss.
As a part of our engineering team you'll help advise and build solutions that enable our clients to protect and permission data. You'll be a key member of the team helping drive architecture and our development culture. You'll work in partnership with a strong design leader implementing experiences that surprise and delight our clients.
Basis Theory is backed by world-class institutional investors as well as a group of highly strategic (and accessible) angels and operators. We are intentionally distributed, with an acute focus on diversity, and smile before every meeting.
- 3+ years of front end experience working in a team environment
- Production experience building web applications with React framework
- Experience building component to design specs in material design
- Understanding of OAuth and Identity Provider integration
- Experience using at least one CI/CD platform such as GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps, Concourse, Drone, or Jenkins
- Experience writing unit tests with a testing framework such as Jest, Mocha, or Jasmine
- Experience writing integration tests utilizing Cypress or Selenium
- Experience working in a team environment with other engineers
An ideal candidate will have
- Experience using Docker and Docker Compose
- Experience hosting web applications on CDNs
- Understanding of security and encryption patterns and standards
- Production experience building and managing SaaS products
- Production experience with at least one of the following programming languages: C#, Java, or Ruby
- Production experience with data storage systems such as MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.